• World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
Time And Sales Reporter
Politics

Trump admin seeks permission to fire head of the Office of Special Counsel

by February 17, 2025
February 17, 2025

The Trump administration has filed an appeal with the Supreme Court, hoping to get permission to fire the head of the federal agency dedicated to protecting whistleblowers.

The emergency appeal, obtained by The Associated Press on Sunday, could likely be the start of a steady stream of court filings by lawyers of President Donald Trump and his administration aimed at reversing lower court rulings that have delayed his priorities for his second term in office.

The appeal seeks to prevent Hampton Dellinger from resuming his role as the head of the Office of Special Counsel.

A lower court judge previously temporarily reinstated Dellinger to his position, which he was appointed to by former President Joe Biden. Now, the Department of Justice is calling on the high court to lift the judge’s order.

Dellinger has argued that by law, he can only be dismissed from his position for job performance problems, which were not cited in an email dismissing him from his post.

The Trump administration’s petition came hours after an appeals court refused to lift the order on procedural grounds, which was filed last Wednesday and is expected to expire on Feb. 26.

The case is not expected to be placed on the docket until the Supreme Court returns after the Presidents’ Day holiday weekend. Once filed, the earliest the justices will be able to act will be Tuesday.

 

Dellinger sued the Trump administration in D.C. federal court last Monday following his firing on Feb. 7. 

The Trump administration has been met with a wave of lawsuits since Inauguration Day, and legal experts say many of them will likely end up in the Supreme Court’s hands. 

‘President Trump is certainly being aggressive in terms of flexing executive power and not at all surprised that these are being challenged,’ John Malcolm, vice president of the Institute for Constitutional Government at the Heritage Foundation, told Fox News Digital last week.

Trump kicked off his second term with a flurry of executive orders and directives that have since been targeted by a flood of legal challenges.

Since Trump’s first day back in the Oval Office, more than 40 lawsuits have been filed over the administration’s actions, including the president’s birthright citizenship order, immigration policies, federal funding freezes, federal employee buyouts, Elon Musk’s Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), and legal action against FBI and DOJ employees.

In one of the most recent developments, a Rhode Island federal judge ordered the Trump administration to unfreeze federal funds, claiming the administration did not adhere to a previous order to do so. The Trump administration appealed the order to the First Circuit shortly thereafter, which was ultimately denied. 

Many of these lawsuits have been filed in historically left-leaning federal court jurisdictions, including D.C. federal court. Various challenges have already been appealed to the appellate courts, including the Ninth and First Circuits, which notably hand down more progressive rulings. The Ninth Circuit, in particular, has a higher reversal rate than other circuit courts.

Fox News Digital’s Haley Chi-Sing and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
Trump addresses Ukraine-Russia peace talks, says Zelenskyy will be involved
next post
Duffy brings up Clinton while noting SpaceX workers will visit Air Traffic Control System Command Center

Related Posts

Trump to void all documents allegedly signed by...

November 29, 2025

NEWT GINGRICH: Republicans get second chance to finally...

November 29, 2025

Northwestern to pay $75M in federal civil-rights deal...

November 29, 2025

How the White House turkey pardon became an...

November 28, 2025

Trump touts ‘progress’ on Ukraine-Russia deal, admits it’s...

November 27, 2025

Judge dismisses 2020 election interference case against Trump,...

November 27, 2025







    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.




    Recent Posts

    • Campbell’s fires executive accused of racist remarks and labeling food for ‘poor people’

      November 29, 2025
    • NEWT GINGRICH: Republicans get second chance to finally fix healthcare

      November 29, 2025
    • Trump to void all documents allegedly signed by Biden via autopen, threatens perjury charge

      November 29, 2025
    • Northwestern to pay $75M in federal civil-rights deal after antisemitism probes

      November 29, 2025
    • Growth Strategy Initiated with Option to Acquire Scandinavian Copper-Gold Project

      November 29, 2025
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 timeandsalesreporter.com | All Rights Reserved

    Time And Sales Reporter
    • World News
    • Politics
    • Stock
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick

    Read alsox

    Pause in US foreign aid has UN in...

    March 6, 2025

    Rubio makes progress with Russia after Trump promised...

    February 18, 2025

    New Hur interview tapes detailing Mongolia trip shed...

    May 17, 2025