• World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
Time And Sales Reporter
Politics

Chief Justice John Roberts pauses judge’s order for Trump admin to pay foreign aid contractors by midnight

by February 27, 2025
February 27, 2025

U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Roberts on Wednesday paused a federal judge’s order that required the Trump administration to pay around $2 billion in foreign aid funds to contractors by midnight. 

The ruling comes after the Trump administration asked the Supreme Court for an emergency order to block the release of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funding, which the federal judge had required by midnight. Officials had said they would not be able to comply with the judge’s order.

The Trump administration said U.S. District Judge Amir H. Ali’s order had created ‘an untenable payment plan at odds with the President’s obligations under Article II to protect the integrity of the federal fisc and make appropriate judgements(sic) about foreign aid – clear forms of irreparable harm.’

Any response from the groups that are fighting the Trump administration is due before Friday at 12 p.m., meaning the pause could potentially be relatively short-lived. 

The Trump administration said it was eliminating more than 90% of USAID’s foreign aid contracts and $60 billion in overall U.S. assistance around the world, putting numbers on its plans to eliminate the majority of U.S. development and humanitarian help abroad.

The cuts detailed by the administration would leave few surviving USAID projects for advocates to try to save in what are ongoing court battles with the administration.

Wednesday’s disclosures also give an idea of the scale of the administration’s retreat from U.S. aid and development assistance overseas, and from decades of policy that foreign aid helps American interests by stabilizing other countries and economies and building alliances.

The memo said officials were ‘clearing significant waste stemming from decades of institutional drift.’ More changes are planned in how USAID and the State Department deliver foreign assistance, it said, ‘to use taxpayer dollars wisely to advance American interests.’

President Donald Trump and ally Elon Musk have hit foreign aid harder and faster than almost any other target in their push to cut the size of the federal government. Both men say USAID projects advance a liberal agenda and are a waste of money.

The administration has filed an emergency appeal to the Supreme Court in one other case so far, arguing that a lower court was wrong to reinstate the head of a federal watchdog agency after Trump fired him.

The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

Fox News’ Bill Mears and Shannon Bream contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
Red Cross receives bodies of 4 slain hostages during Israel-Hamas exchange
next post
Epstein client list release could be imminent after Blackburn pushes transparency: ‘Let’s get them jailed’

Related Posts

Epstein estate to hand over ‘birthday book’ to...

August 31, 2025

Trump appointee exits US foreign aid agency after...

August 31, 2025

Sen. Bernie Sanders calls on RFK Jr. to...

August 31, 2025

Israel eliminates Houthi prime minister in Yemen airstrike...

August 31, 2025

Dyan Cannon denied White House entry after lying...

August 31, 2025

Is Putin stringing Trump along to sidestep US...

August 30, 2025







    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.




    Recent Posts

    • Spirit Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in a year

      August 31, 2025
    • Epstein estate to hand over ‘birthday book’ to lawmakers, House Dem says

      August 31, 2025
    • Dyan Cannon denied White House entry after lying about her age on passport documents

      August 31, 2025
    • Israel eliminates Houthi prime minister in Yemen airstrike targeting senior government officials

      August 31, 2025
    • Sen. Bernie Sanders calls on RFK Jr. to resign following departure of CDC officials

      August 31, 2025
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 timeandsalesreporter.com | All Rights Reserved

    Time And Sales Reporter
    • World News
    • Politics
    • Stock
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick

    Read alsox

    White House calls Yemen ceasefire a ‘WIN’ –...

    May 7, 2025

    Protecting Americans’ data from China is central to an America...

    February 17, 2025

    Hegseth bans future trans soldiers, makes sweeping changes...

    February 10, 2025