• World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
Time And Sales Reporter
Politics

Musk’s X and a Canadian man take action against Australian authorities for censoring his post

by March 30, 2025
March 30, 2025

The Australian government has been taken to court by an internet personality known as ‘Billboard Chris,’ who challenged the nation’s ‘eSafety’ commission’s authority to geo-block a tweet criticizing the appointment of an Australian transgender activist to a World Health Organization board. 

Chris Elston, a Canadian national who often expresses his free speech through slogans and tweets on sandwich boards in public places, had a tweet of his geo-blocked by the Aussies – which was a ‘share’ of a U.K. Daily Mail article about the transgender activist headlined ‘Kinky secrets of UN trans expert revealed.’

The activist, Teddy Cook, filed a complaint with Australia’s eSafety commissioner, which led to a request for X to censor it.

X initially refused, but assented after the government issued a formal order to do so, according to Alliance Defending Freedom International, which is backing Elston. Elston is challenging the move before the Administrative Review Tribunal on Monday.

 World Health Organization to declare aspartame a possible carcinogen

‘I’m in Australia because their government think their people don’t deserve to know and to make their own mind up about toxic gender ideology,’ the London-based ADFI’s Lois McLatchie Miller said on X ahead of the case.

‘This post from @BillboardChris has been withheld in Australia in response to a legal demand; learn more,’ a message on the tweet’s URL posted by McLatchie Miller from the Land Down Under read.

‘Is that image offensive? Absolutely. It’s offensive to my eyes, because someone appointed as a WHO expert should not be posting those perverted photos, and promoting drugs and bestiality,’ she added, citing content from the Daily Mail piece.

Speaking with Fox News Digital, McLatchie Miller said the situation is a ‘monumental’ case for global free speech, and ‘the ultimate ‘What is a Woman’ suit.’

‘It’s an Australian authority bucking the speech of a Canadian man on an American platform,’ she said.

‘So the Australian authorities have found that because they don’t want Australians to be able to hear a message and discuss a certain topic, they have now reached over to other countries to block that free speech, which is in and of itself fascinating.’

‘Over the last few weeks, when it comes to foreign governments having very surreal policies which are thought to only impact their citizens and their citizens’ human rights, but also the rights for Americans, rights for Canadians, others around the world,’ McLatchie Miller said.

Elston had also recently been fined AU$806 ($508) for ‘obstructing people’ and removed from a public sidewalk by law enforcement after he engaged with passersby about another message on his sandwich board: ‘Children cannot consent to puberty blockers.’

McLatchie Miller’s group noted the case echoed recent stated concerns about global censorship from Vice President JD Vance at the Munich Security Conference earlier this year. Vance also brought up his concerns in a joint presser with British Prime Minister Keir Starmer.

Elon Musk

‘We also know that there have been infringements on free speech that actually affect not just the British – of course, what the British do in their own country is up to them – but also affect American technology companies and, by extension, American citizens,’ Vance said at the time.

Fox News Digital reached out to Vance’s office for comment on being invoked in the case.

ADFI advocacy director Robert Clarke said in a statement on Elston’s case: 

‘The decision of Australian authorities to prevent Australian citizens from hearing and evaluating information about gender ideology is a patronizing affront to the principles of democracy.’

X is also challenging a six-figure penalty imposed by Australia in 2023 after failing to provide information on how it was addressing exploitation and abuse on its platform, according to News.com.au.

Fox News Digital reached out to Australian eSafety Commissioner Julie Inman Grant’s office for comment.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
Danish official strikes back at Vance’s Greenland comments: ‘We do not appreciate the tone’
next post
Trump threatens to bomb Iran unless they end nuclear weapons program and begin talks on new deal

Related Posts

Is Putin stringing Trump along to sidestep US...

August 30, 2025

Senators demand oversight, reject vaccine guidance as illegitimate...

August 30, 2025

Legal group sues FDA over puberty blocker records,...

August 30, 2025

Lawyers for Cook, DOJ trade blows at high-stakes...

August 30, 2025

House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe...

August 30, 2025

CDC official includes ‘pregnant people’ terminology and pronouns...

August 29, 2025







    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.




    Recent Posts

    • Cracker Barrel rebrand: Why companies retreat when faced with consumer criticism

      August 30, 2025
    • Retail panic: What the end of the ‘de minimis’ exemption means for brands across the globe

      August 30, 2025
    • Senators demand oversight, reject vaccine guidance as illegitimate as CDC turmoil rages

      August 30, 2025
    • Is Putin stringing Trump along to sidestep US sanctions while bombing Ukraine?

      August 30, 2025
    • House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe over health concerns

      August 30, 2025
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 timeandsalesreporter.com | All Rights Reserved

    Time And Sales Reporter
    • World News
    • Politics
    • Stock
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick

    Read alsox

    Sununu says ‘door is not closed’ on ’26...

    March 14, 2025

    IRS to slash nearly 7K employees starting Thursday:...

    February 20, 2025

    One Republican senator voted against confirming Trump nominee...

    April 4, 2025