• World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
Time And Sales Reporter
Politics

Trump orders US withdrawal from 66 ‘wasteful’ global organizations in sweeping ‘America First’ crackdown

by admin January 8, 2026
January 8, 2026

President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed a presidential memorandum directing the U.S. to withdraw from 66 international organizations, ordering executive departments and agencies to cease participation in and funding of entities the administration says no longer serve U.S. interests.

The memorandum follows a State Department review ordered earlier this year under Executive Order 14199 and applies to 35 non-United Nations organizations and 31 United Nations entities, according to the White House.

In the memorandum, Trump said he reviewed Secretary Rubio’s findings and determined it is ‘contrary to the interests of the U.S. to remain a member of, participate in, or otherwise provide support’ to the listed organizations.

The order directs all executive departments and agencies to take immediate steps to effectuate the withdrawals as soon as possible. For United Nations entities, withdrawal means ceasing participation in or funding to the extent permitted by law.

The administration framed the move as part of Trump’s broader ‘America First’ agenda aimed at restoring American sovereignty and ending taxpayer support for organizations it views as wasteful, ineffective or contrary to U.S. interests. 

Review of additional international organizations remains ongoing, according to the White House.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said the withdrawals fulfill a key commitment of Trump’s presidency.

‘Today, President Trump announced the U.S. is leaving 66 anti-American, useless, or wasteful international organizations,’ Rubio said in a post on X. ‘Review of additional international organizations remains ongoing.’

Rubio said the administration concluded the institutions were ‘redundant in their scope, mismanaged, unnecessary, wasteful, poorly run, captured by the interests of actors advancing their own agendas contrary to our own, or a threat to our nation’s sovereignty, freedoms, and general prosperity.’

‘It is no longer acceptable to be sending these institutions the blood, sweat, and treasure of the American people, with little to nothing to show for it,’ Rubio said. ‘The days of billions of dollars in taxpayer money flowing to foreign interests at the expense of our people are over.’

The list includes organizations involved in areas such as climate, energy, development, governance, migration and gender policy, according to the White House. The White House published the full list alongside the order.

Rubio said the withdrawals reflect a shift in how the administration views international engagement.

‘We will not continue expending resources, diplomatic capital, and the legitimizing weight of our participation in institutions that are irrelevant to or in conflict with our interests,’ Rubio said. ‘We seek cooperation where it serves our people and will stand firm where it does not.’

The White House and the State Department did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
E-Power Resources
next post
‘Irregular’ armed guards aboard Russian shadow tankers alarm Nordic-Baltic governments

Related Posts

Mark Kelly eyes 2028 White House run while...

February 18, 2026

Inside world’s top science society’s convention bashing Trump,...

February 18, 2026

Schumer, Dems’ goal is to ‘tie people down’...

February 18, 2026

Mike Lee calls Schumer’s ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ attack...

February 18, 2026

How did Jeffrey Epstein get rich? Meet Les...

February 18, 2026

Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...

February 17, 2026







    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.




    Recent Posts

    • Mark Kelly eyes 2028 White House run while fighting Trump demotion threat

      February 18, 2026
    • Schumer, Dems’ goal is to ‘tie people down’ so they can’t campaign, Thune says

      February 18, 2026
    • Inside world’s top science society’s convention bashing Trump, pushing DEI, pronouns: ‘Felt like a funeral’

      February 18, 2026
    • How did Jeffrey Epstein get rich? Meet Les Wexner, the ex-Victoria’s Secret CEO who once worked with him

      February 18, 2026
    • Mike Lee calls Schumer’s ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ attack on voter ID bill ‘paranoid fantasy’

      February 18, 2026
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 timeandsalesreporter.com | All Rights Reserved

    Time And Sales Reporter
    • World News
    • Politics
    • Stock
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick

    Read alsox

    ‘Radical Left’ shutdown message ignites firestorm as Democrats...

    November 18, 2025

    DOGE-inspired bipartisan bill seeks payment transparency to ‘clean...

    February 26, 2025

    Trump fires Democratic FTC commissioners

    March 19, 2025