• World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
Time And Sales Reporter
Politics

Gaza plan criticized by US and Israel gets European support

by March 8, 2025
March 8, 2025

A $53 billion Arab-backed plan for the reconstruction of Gaza has garnered support from France, Germany, Italy and the U.K., after receiving pushback from the U.S. and Israel. 

‘The plan shows a realistic path to the reconstruction of Gaza and promises – if implemented – swift and sustainable improvement of the catastrophic living conditions for the Palestinians living in Gaza,’ the foreign ministers wrote in a joint statement. 

The foreign ministers called for a post-war plan based on ‘a solid political and security framework,’ but reiterated the need for Hamas to not be able to govern Gaza. Additionally, the European leaders said that they are supportive of the Palestinian Authority’s (PA) ‘central role’ in a post-war Gaza and ‘the implementation of its reform agenda.’

The $53 billion Egyptian plan was meant as a counter to President Donald Trump’s U.S. takeover idea and comes after Cairo rejected the idea of accepting displaced Gazans for ‘national security’ reasons. While Trump’s plan would resettle Palestinians outside the Strip, Egypt’s proposal focuses on Palestinian-led reconstruction efforts. 

Both the U.S. and Israel have rejected the Arab-backed plan for Gaza reconstruction. Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson Oren Marmorstein said in a statement that the plan ‘fails to address the realities of the situation following October 7th, 2023, remaining rooted in outdated perspectives.’

Marmorstein’s statement also criticized the plan for its reliance on the Palestinian Authority (PA) and the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA). He says that both the PA and UNRWA ‘have repeatedly demonstrated corruption, support for terrorism, and failure in resolving the issue.’

While U.S. Special Envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkoff called the plan a ‘good faith first step,’ State Department Spokesperson Tammy Bruce told reporters that it ‘does not fulfill the requirements, the nature of what President Trump is asking for.’

Additionally, National Security Council spokesperson Brian Hughes expressed concerns about the plan in a statement provided to Fox News Digital.

‘The current proposal does not address the reality that Gaza is currently uninhabitable, and residents cannot humanely live in a territory covered in debris and unexploded ordnance. President Trump stands by his vision to rebuild Gaza free from Hamas.’

Trump received heavy criticism last month when he suggested the U.S. take over Gaza during a press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netnayahu. Trump’s proposal would involve the relocation of Palestinians and turning the enclave into the ‘Riviera of the Middle East.’ 

Fox News’ Efrat Lachter contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
UN draft report on children in conflict zones raises eyebrows with framing of Israelis
next post
President Trump highlighting US military in a unique way

Related Posts

Epstein estate to hand over ‘birthday book’ to...

August 31, 2025

Trump appointee exits US foreign aid agency after...

August 31, 2025

Sen. Bernie Sanders calls on RFK Jr. to...

August 31, 2025

Israel eliminates Houthi prime minister in Yemen airstrike...

August 31, 2025

Dyan Cannon denied White House entry after lying...

August 31, 2025

Is Putin stringing Trump along to sidestep US...

August 30, 2025







    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.




    Recent Posts

    • Spirit Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in a year

      August 31, 2025
    • Epstein estate to hand over ‘birthday book’ to lawmakers, House Dem says

      August 31, 2025
    • Dyan Cannon denied White House entry after lying about her age on passport documents

      August 31, 2025
    • Israel eliminates Houthi prime minister in Yemen airstrike targeting senior government officials

      August 31, 2025
    • Sen. Bernie Sanders calls on RFK Jr. to resign following departure of CDC officials

      August 31, 2025
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 timeandsalesreporter.com | All Rights Reserved

    Time And Sales Reporter
    • World News
    • Politics
    • Stock
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick

    Read alsox

    White House reveals possible penalties on Putin amid...

    April 29, 2025

    GOP senators push Kamala Harris testimony as House...

    August 23, 2025

    Trump threatens Iran over nukes as DNI Gabbard...

    April 1, 2025