• World News
  • Politics
  • Stock
  • Investing
  • Editor’s Pick
Time And Sales Reporter
Politics

Trump softens Gaza stance, says Palestinians will not be expelled from the war-torn territory

by March 13, 2025
March 13, 2025

President Donald Trump insisted that no one would be ‘expelled’ from Gaza, amid questions about his audacious plan to rebuild the war-torn strip. 

‘Nobody’s expelling any Palestinians,’ Trump told reporters at the White House on Thursday while meeting with Irish Prime Minister Micheál Martin.

Egypt, which led negotiations on an Arab-led plan to rebuild Gaza, welcomed the president’s comment. 

‘This position reflects an understanding of the need to prevent further deterioration of the humanitarian situation in Gaza and the importance of finding fair, sustainable solutions to the Palestinian issue,’ theEgyptian foreign ministry said.

In February, Trump proposed that the U.S. ‘take over’ war-torn Gaza.

‘The U.S. will take over the Gaza Strip, and we will do a job with it, too,’ Trump stated. ‘We’ll own it and be responsible for dismantling all of the dangerous, unexplored bombs and other weapons on the site.’

He had said at the time that Gaza’s population of about 2 million would be ‘permanently’ relocated. Asked whether that would be done by force, he claimed no Palestinians wanted to live among the rubble in Gaza. 

‘We’re moving them to a beautiful location where they have new homes, where they can live safely, where they’ll have doctors and medical and all of those things,’ he said while meeting with King Abdullah of Jordan last month. ‘And I think it’s going to be great.’

But finding a Middle Eastern nation willing to take in masses of Palestinian refugees has proven difficult. After receiving pushback from Egyptian and Jordanian leaders on his vision for a Gaza without Palestinians, Trump said he would not ‘force it.’ 

‘The way to do it is my plan. I think that’s the plan that really works. But I’m not forcing it. I’m just going to sit back and recommend it,’ he told Fox News in February.

Earlier this month, Arab leaders agreed on a $53 million Egyptian-led reconstruction plan, but the White House rejected it. National Security Council spokesman Brian Hughes said the Arab proposal ‘does not address the reality that Gaza is currently uninhabitable and residents cannot humanely live in a territory covered in debris and unexploded ordnance.’

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has described Trump’s plan as a ‘revolutionary, creative vision.’

But Hamas also welcomed Trump’s assurance that Palestinians would not be expelled.

‘If US President Trump’s statements represent a retreat from any idea of ​​displacing the people of the Gaza Strip, they are welcomed,’ Hamas spokesperson Hazem Qassem said in the statement.

‘We call for this position to be reinforced by obligating the Israeli occupation to implement all the terms of the ceasefire agreements,’ he added.

White House envoy Steve Witkoff is in Qatar for intensive talks on the next phase of the ceasefire agreement. Israel wants a two-month pause in fighting in exchange for about half of the remaining living hostages. Hamas is pushing for a full cessation of hostilities. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
previous post
Putin thanks Trump for principles of ceasefire push, but does not say yes
next post
‘Absurd’: White House blasts law firm that helped fuel Russia hoax after challenging Trump order

Related Posts

White House demands all Gaza hostages return home...

August 28, 2025

Apple expected to roll out texting update that...

August 28, 2025

Trump asks SCOTUS to uphold freeze on billions...

August 28, 2025

CDC Director Susan Monarez refuses to be fired...

August 28, 2025

Bill Gates met with Trump to talk ‘importance...

August 28, 2025

Bolton may be in hot water as FBI...

August 27, 2025







    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.




    Recent Posts

    • Frontier Airlines goes after struggling rival Spirit’s customers with 20 new routes

      August 28, 2025
    • Cracker Barrel will go back to old logo after conservative backlash

      August 28, 2025
    • Apple expected to roll out texting update that would hit GOP hardest ahead of midterms, fundraisers say

      August 28, 2025
    • White House demands all Gaza hostages return home ‘this week’ amid stalled talks

      August 28, 2025
    • Trump asks SCOTUS to uphold freeze on billions in USAID payments

      August 28, 2025
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 timeandsalesreporter.com | All Rights Reserved

    Time And Sales Reporter
    • World News
    • Politics
    • Stock
    • Investing
    • Editor’s Pick

    Read alsox

    More than 1 million federal employees complied with...

    February 25, 2025

    Biden greets Trump at White House with two-word...

    January 20, 2025

    SCOOP: Resolution punishing Al Green circulates House after...

    March 5, 2025